Tuesday, September 28, 2004

One More Day

Video Links: http://home.comcast.net/~themcgills/Buzzy.wmv http://home.comcast.net/~themcgills/JackAllie.wmv We had another great day with Jack. Tomorrow he's ours. Sophia, one of the representatives at CHI went over the court proceedings with us today. She started our discussions with "Unfortunately". Thankfully, the only unfortunate thing was that she wouldn't be translating for us because of a prior commitment. Note to CHI, Do not start conversations with Adoptive parents in Russia with "Unfortunately". We recovered and were able to listen. She says that we have gotten a good judge (whatever that means). There is a 10 day waiting period that we will request to have waived to make the adoption effective immediately. Sophia says that it is waived 99.9% of the time. We'll be doing out best to stay out of that .01%. After court, we'll go to get the adoption decree, Jack's new birth certificate and then finally Jack. We should have him around 5-6pm Moscow time or 8-9am Nashville time. We may be later blogging and won't be able to contact anyone until we get back to the hotel. If you haven't heard from us, assume good news, it means we're at the orphanage picking Jack up... After our visit today, Anastasia took us to the market to pick up some food for Jack. He's not on any formula anymore and is not really liking taking a bottle for juice. So we bought him a sippy cup, but Vonda will still be trying the bottle. As for the food we purchased, I'm seriously doubting that we'll be giving him any of it. One item is Kefur (sour milk yogurt that you have to mix sugar in), and another is curds??. We'll see, but if we can't stand to smell it open, I doubt we'll be putting it in his mouth Allie is still having a big time. (bigger than we're used to, and we're ready for it to settle down). By the way, we just got a call that our court time has been moved to 12:00 so we'll be able to get Jack a little earlier. Tonight, we dined on velveeta shells and cheese and really enjoyed it. It's been raining and about 50 degrees for the last couple of days so we didn't want to walk anywhere. So far we've eaten at Patio Pizza on Sunday, Rostick's (Russian KFC) last night, and dined in tonite. Gotta say the velveeta shells and cheese was as good as the Rostick's. Well I'll close the BLOG for now so I can finish my budgets for work. I've got a conference call scheduled with them for tomorrow night, so I should probably be finished with them beforehand... Love you all and we'll try to let you know as soon as possible that we've got him... I'll be putting a couple of links to video up later, that should help the blog to load faster. Steve, Vonda, and Allie PS We still haven't heard from Michael - Where's all the accents?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Steve and Vonda,

Great pictures of your family! We are so proud for you.

Love, George and Linda Burrow

Anonymous said...

hey vonda steve and Allie
i was at school about to go to lunch when miss Henseley took me out of class to come blog i am wondering if you took allie on any pony rides english acsent i think im going to take a bath in your jaccusei
rather you like it or not
love yall blog you later michael
ps i like the black pony BY ..........................

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey u guys we are at yall's house looking at baby Jack's and Allie's pictures! None of us can get our comp. to work. We can't wait to get our hands on baby Jack! We love u and are praying for a safe, swift return home.(Amy and I are going to Talladaga on Sunday so we won't see ya'll til later.) Nolan is more excited about baby Jack than anyone.Now for the english accent...Mummy, can we take Jack on an American pony ride? Ta Ta Missi and Amy

Anonymous said...

Dear Allie, I hope you like Jack.
I am praying for you to be safe. I am waiting for you and Jack to come home. I am going to get in your bath tub. We saw pictures of Jack. He is very cute. I love him already. blog me later. Love,Abbey Pitts

Anonymous said...

It doesn't seem that long ago that you were telling us that you were going to get a son from Russia. Praise God he is now in your arms and he is coming home soon.

I like Buzzy Bee, but I am having visions of "Best in Show". After what Vonda went through to get a bottle on your first trip, I can only imagine if she had to replace "Buzzy Bee".

Carol

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that half way around the world we are praying and loving you all..I woke about 4:11am to one of the girls coughing(amazing how you can still hear that from a deep sleep) and then could not go back to sleep--wondered why since Greg says if I slept any more I would be in a coma- and realized I was anxious about something and thoughts came to me of you all--I am kinda slow with my thoughts at the wee hours--I got so excited about your day that I am now up and blogging--the pictures and videos are great-- either I am getting better on the computer or Steve's presentations are improving-anyway I must also be random during the wee hours--Praying a wall of peace, patience and thanksgiving around you today as you bring a dream and a hope to completion-- God is sooo good and so wise-- in the video as Jack reaches out to Allie-- I thought that there is no way Jack could ever understand how precious he is to God to be delivered to such a loving family- parents, sister, grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins--and how hard He works so that all His children will come to know Him--ok in the wee hours I also like to preach--Have a Blessed day -- your family is definitely blessing ours.Love ya Nan

Anonymous said...

I just realized why Vonda looks different in her picture....she looks so HAPPY and relaxed and we haven't seen that Vonda in two months and it is such
a good sight to see!! Like Nan, my eyes flew open at 4am and I thought of you all and said a prayer for a smooth transition today and the rest of the week. I did not, however, pray for patience. I'll leave that up to my husband....ha,ha.....when will we see smocking and lace on that baby????? God is soooooo good!!!!!
Tammy Sanders

Anonymous said...

Well I woke up with a family of 4 immediately on my mind. You are probably on your way to pick him up now. Vonda, you looked so happy in that picture w/you, Allie and Jack- I'm so happy for you. Finally your day is here.
Love you all,
Kristi

Anonymous said...

I really feel content that all has gone well. This is a day to truly be remembered. It is better than Christmas and as Morgan says it is better than Halloween. My prayers and thoughts are with you continually. Hurry home - all of you. Love, Janice

Anonymous said...

I woke up and prayed at 4am too. All these prayers being raised for your family is just what God wants. To Him be all the glory for putting your sweet family together. I can't wait to see on this blog that Jack is with you all in the hotel and you'll never be apart again. Thanks for sharing with us. We are praising God all day today for this special day! Love you four. Maria Creech

Anonymous said...

The new family of four has been on our minds and our hearts for several days. You are all in our prayers. Mike & Della Stephenson

Anonymous said...

I also woke up about 3:30 and got up and ate some cake and wished I could go blog, but I would have to leave the house to do so. I prayed that God would take away my anxiety about all of this and allow all of us to know how extremely blessed we are! I am now at Nan's and she is about to go crazy because noone has heard from yall. I reminded her that u said it would be late but she thought it was already late enough. So hurry up! I love you, Jennifer

Anonymous said...

We've been praying for you guys throughout your journey-the pictures show everything that anyone could possibly try to put into words-You guys are a perfect family. We love you all-Jason Fox and family