Thursday, September 30, 2004

Living with Jack

http://home.comcast.net/~themcgills/Office.wmv Well we've got 24 hours of parenting two children under our belts, and we've survived. It's been great. Jack slept all night until about 7:00 this morning. Vonda had to feel his back to make sure he was still breathing when she got up to use the bathroom. He ate a good breakfast of cereal and some fruits. He's definitely got his likes and dislikes, but he is eating. We also got him to drink a formula bottle driving around today so all is right in the world. So far we've managed to get him to go back to a bottle and to take a pacifier. The only thing left is to destroy his sleeping habits and we started that this morning. I laid down with him while he took his morning nap. Today we went to the Children's hospital to get a medical report for the American Embassy. They actually saw us with no waiting, and everything was fine. Then we went to the CHI office to fill out the paperwork for the Embassy. The video you see linked above was shot there. Jack's really thinking his sister is something. After paperwork at the office, we drove to the notary's office to sign the paperwork for the Ministry of Education that we had completed the adoption. I've never seen so much paperwork. I think Russia could import half of our lawyers. While waiting for the notary, we got to visit Children's World, the large toy store again. Allie really enjoyed that. Jack was unimpressed. Tonite, we're going to TGI Friday's. It should be fun. We've tried to get a Kremlin tour for tomorrow, but it's not going to happen. Our day is pretty booked with Passport office, dropping off items for the Embassy, and our Embassy interview. I can't believe I've been to Moscow twice and haven't seen the Kremlin, but this is life. We got the souvenir we came for already. Just two more days and we'll be back home. We literally cannot wait for you guys to meet Jack. He just fits. He's so sweet and loving. I keep asking Vonda, how is this possible? We're just so thankful for everyone's love and support. Looking forward to Saturday night even if we're not looking forward to the plane ride. Love, Steve, Vonda, Allie and Jack

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our hearts are filled with joy and gratitude for your precious family. Thank you for sharing this journey so openly with all of us. It has been a faith builder for me. We all look forward to meeting sweet Jack. Dave, Anna, Emma, and Sam Morgan

Anonymous said...

Once again Im back at the Hensley's not getting anything done. Daddy had to take Michael to the ortho. this morning and they put a cast back on his left hand. His thumb is not broken but something is wrong because he can twist his thumb all the way around and practically pull it off. It is disgusting. So had he cried at all? I really dont think its quite fair for yall to get two good kids! Im sure it wont take long for the Pitts influence to rub off on him. We are all praying that the trip home is safe. We love you all.

Jennifer

stevemctn said...

How many times a week does the Hensley house need to be cleaned? What are they doing over there? How'd Michael hurt his thumb?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful journey with all of us. Jack is a beautiful baby and he fits perfectly in your family. Allie, you are such a great big sister. I love the way you make him laugh. Vonda, I cannot even imagine how it must feel to hold him and look at him just knowing that he is yours forever. We cannot wait to meet him and to see all of you home safe. Love to all, The Brittons

Anonymous said...

Well u know that Nan is remolding her whole house and yesterday I had to be here at seven to stay with the tile guy. When I got here I laid down in Kayla's bed and slept for 2 1/2 hours. When I got up I couldn't stay of the computer to get much done. U know that I try to take as much time as possible cleaning a house so that I don't even break even! Tommorrow and Saturday I will live at your house and then I can use your computer. If I can get in. The day that Missi and Amy came by they wanted to blog and we couldn't get any bodies computer to work except yall's and we had to hunt down a key to get in! I think David was there last painting the ceiling in Jack's room. Tell Allie that Abbey is lost without her and Im sure that when she gets back Maam will want the both of them to stay with her everyday after school. Allie will have to fight her cousins for Jack time. I woke-up this morning and couldn't keep from thinking what a wonderful spiritual journey this has been for all of us and I definetly can always use help where my spiritual life is concerned. I do believe that Ms. Hensley thinks that she is our long, lost family member (just kidding)she is just crazy about you and Vonda, and u know how Greg has always wanted to swap his big daddy for ours. We don't know what Michael did to his thumb. It is the same one he broke and he keeps injuring it at football practice. The ligaments or tendons or something is stretched out and the Dr. said that maybe with a cast on the tissue could tighten back up. Talk with ya'll later. Love ya, Jennifer

Anonymous said...

hello steve and vonda pertend im on my motercycle and honking my horn and waveing you the only rweason i do that is becouse if i dont youl be sad you havent seen me in thew last hour or so gramps didnt tell you but he recked your car . and today after football practice we whent to captain ds and i used your car as anapkin
my mom allready wrote that i hurt my thumb agin and got another cast on it tell alie i miss her and cant whait to meet jack
love yall so much yur favorite nephew michael the pitts
ps used all your gas by ........./////////////,,,,====----0909788786767656453gdgcfsfgdfg

Anonymous said...

dear allie,
i cannot wait to see jack. it is great that you finally have jack.
i wish i was in russia right now with you.

love,
emmaline

p.s elliot said she loves you