Friday, July 30, 2004

Tomorrow we fly...+ Vonda's last comments

Vonda's last comments on Moscow: Here's what Moscow needs: 1) Super Walmart, 2) A little HGTV, 3) A Touch of Talbot's, 4) A MARTA Station along with some environmental wackos. They should consider letting Martha serve her time over here. She could do a very good thing. Vonda Today, we had our last visit with Jack for this trip. We had a very good three hours with a very sweet boy. He played and played, and we think we've worn him out. He was so sleepy, but he stayed awake the whole time even after his bottle. He's changed so much in such a short time. He's getting so much stronger. His caregivers seem to favor him. We brought two big bags of diapers to the orphanage today which we left with the supervisor. We had some individual diapers left from what we'd bought for Jack earlier that we left with his caregivers. They said they would use them for him. They said he was special because he had a mama and papa. How very sad. As we left him, he was fine and happy in his crib. Vonda and I are ok. It was very rough and very emotional, but we're ok and trusting that God will keep him safe as he has so far. Just please remember him in your prayers and pray for the shortest return trip in Russian history. When we arrived at the baby house this morning, the workers were unloading a truck load of nestle juice for babies. We're not sure where it came from but were sure glad to see it. As we were leaving, Vonda hugged one of the caregivers and the caregiver tried to comfort Vonda. She said they would take good care of Kolya. After the visit, we took the city tour. We should have done this ealier, but it was actually good to have our mind on something else. It was about a 2.5 hour car ride with a few stops in between. We've got a couple of pictures of the most famous places in town. It's a very interesting city with a mix of wealth and poverty, nice buildings and Stalinist architecture. We went to Moscow University to get a view of the city, but it was so smoggy we could hardly make anything out. We're exhausted and read to get home. We'll be there soon and can't wait to see everyone. Steve and Vonda Allie, we'll call you in a few minutes. We ate at McDonald's today. They have happy meals here too. You'll have to see what toys you can get when you're here. We can't wait to see you on Sunday. We love you very much. Mommy and Daddy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve and Vonda,

I cannot express in words the feelings that I have based on your journey. Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us. I cannot begin to imagine how you feel but I am so very happy that you had a wonderful trip and I have to believe it will be a speedy return back. The dedication you have shown demonstrates what parents can and should be. To help distract your thoughts and in celebration of your new additon, Angie and I have a lunch at Famous Dave's waiting for the both of you when you get back home. Have a safe trip and we can't wait to see you. GeLynna

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, We just rolled into town from P.C. Beach. I could not wait to get home so I could see the pics and read everything. Jen has kept me posted this week so I haven`t been totally in the dark. Jack is absolutely beautiful! You both know I go mushy about adoption stories, but this one is over the top. I want to roll around in the floor and cry my eyes out. I love you two so much that I can`t express it in words without sounding really cheesy.I am so very happy for you. You are in my prayers. P.S. Vonda, Boys have a very special place in their mommy`s heart as I`m sure you have already felt. I can`t wait to see you all together as a family here at home! Love, Missi

Anonymous said...

Steve and Vonda,
I was laying in bed not being able to sleep after driving for ten hours. Also, stressing out about having to go back to work after being away a week and play catch up. So...I got up to read your "blog" (I had never heard of that before the other day). It has kept me captivated even at 2 AM. I am so happy for yall that words can't even express. I love both of yall and can't wait to see ya when you get back. Your whole family is in my prayers. I am going to go upstairs and kiss my sleeping babies. Tony