Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Something a little lighter....

Well I hope all you folks just waking up in Nashville are having a good day. We've certainly had one here, and are planning on going out to do some shopping on our own tonight. You know things are back to normal when Vonda's shopping (and we've already done some of that today). We got to spend a lot more time with Jack (who we're half the time calling Kolya, his Russian nickname). We took him to the children's hospital this morning for an EKG which Dr. Mallard had already told us was unnecessary, but it was already scheduled so we went ahead. We went to the wrong hospital so they had to charge us. It was 100 rubles. That works out to US $ 3. Now there's a healthcare system. Now I'm going to try to some more even though I keep losing my internet connection and having to start over. Very frustrating and it will probably make this rather incoherent. I hope you've all enjoyed Michael Pitt's posts. I know we have. About the bath, I'd say let your Maam's conscience be your guide. Abbey, we saw a little girl yesterday leaving the orphanage and thought of you. You'll know why we thought of you when you get your postcard. For all my ARC friends, thanks for your support. Don't start thinking that the kinder gentler Steve you've seen on this blog is coming back to work. The normal gruff Steve you know will be there on Monday. I don't know how much I'll be worth until the 2nd trip, but I'll try to work smarter not harder (as usual). Thanks for your support. Well, I've now moved down to the 4th floor lobby to complete this on the hotel computer. I can't keep a wireless connection, and now I'm so frustrated I can't remember what I wanted to say. I'll close for now and then update after our shopping trip tonight. Who wants to see more pictures of Jack? Here they are. You might notice more of Daddy and Jack, and that's because Daddy's the only parent who knows how to do this. Allie, The picture called Kolya_Book shows how he's liking his picture book. We had Anastasia write Sistra in Russian on your pictures so he can to know what you look like. Mommy will call you in a little while. You were asleep when she talked with Sue. We love you very much and will be home soon. Love, Mommy and Daddy

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell that Daddy is smitten already. I cannot wait to see you all together. Vonda, you can already tell that is he is comforted in the arms of his mommy. Connor and Kenley were standing beside me when I opened the pictures. Together they said "He is so cute!" Can't wait to see more Love ya, Melanie

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Yes I am the new blogger who commented on your spelling before I read my sons wonderful comments. What joyous blessings children bring to our lives. I cant wait to be able to ask a hundred questions when you get home. Oh yeah, by the way Steve I am driving your car today. We love you all very much.

Anonymous said...

Steve and Vonda-

Lisa B sent us the link to your site here, and I have to say I am very moved and happy by your experience-he has the sweetest face (the baby- not you steve :) ) I am so happy for you all and can't wait to see him in person!!!

Sincerely-
Patsy Hudson

Clarissa said...

Okay, now I'm crying. He looks so enthralled with you both -- I am so moved, I just don't know what to say! I am so thankful for the two of you, your example, and the way you've stepped out in faith and taken this risk -- your lives and all of ours will be so blessed by just watching your family meld together when you bring Jack home, and by watching him soak up the love he deserves. I feel a song coming on ...

stevemctn said...

My suspicions on the mysterious blogger were correct. Glad you've been reading along Jenn, and let me tell you, you can never come over here. You would have to take everyone of these children home or you would have to more here to just rock them. It's so very very sad. I also figured you would be driving the car because you've always envied my choice of automobile. I love you.

Steve

stevemctn said...

One other comment for Mr. Michael Pitts, I don't think there's any way you're taking a bath at our house since Sue didn't go to Texas. Better luck next time. Actually not.

Anonymous said...

Maam wants me to type the message while she is busy making an angels costume for Cammy Connard. She just has too many things she just has to get done. Hope you read this before the day is over, because we want to wish you a happy anniversary on wednesday. We still are receiving the pictures in large size and don't know how to reduce them as others, but Jerry is keeping us up to date with prints on 8.5 X 11.0.

Maam just joined me and she says she is not that busy just disorganized. She says she can't wait to hold Jack. We think he is a beautiful boy, and we could not have chosen one better. The pictures indicate he is warming to Ya'll. We know it will be hard to leave him on saturday, but God will see you home safely and then back to him.

May GOD continue his blessings on all of you.

Love Ya, Maam & Gramps

Anonymous said...

Well, let's just keep the family talk going. I am at home and not so very busy, since I can't sew and my grandchildren are in Oak Ridge. I have been to the dentist this morning if anyone is interested. I want to have my teeth looking their best when Baby Jack comes home. I believe I should go shopping but I don't know what size to buy for Jack. If you could just post some sizes, I would be able to go shop. The tears I am shedding make me feel like I am depressed and I know that is not the reason for them, it is just that I am such a wimp when reading nice words and I can't see or hear any cutting remarks. The pictures are really nice but large. I pray that your time with Jack has been filled with joy and I just love the way he seems to suck his thumb. If Aunt Nell or Granny had seen that, they would have a sock on that hand. Jennifer called to say

Anonymous said...

Steve, I understand your pain, my computer or that I Becky's, just keeps cutting me off, do I don't remember what I was saying so I will just say I am finished. I think I was about to say Jennifer wanted me to know how proud she was of Michael being able to speak in dialects over the computer. Love, Janice

Anonymous said...

Thanks Steve for all your postings. It has been a unique opportunity to share your joy and fears in this process. Ya'lls throughout has been an ecouragement to us. Jack looks like a fine young man. Steve, he already has your mischevious look. You, Vonda, Allie, and Jack remain in our prayers. We look forward to hearing more when you get back to TN.
Steve and Linda G.

stevemctn said...

Dear Aunt Janice,

I think it would be easier if you just let us know the days you don't go to the dentist.

Love,

Steve

Anonymous said...

Steve and Vonda,
I have loved seeing the pictures. He is so sweet. He looks like his size is good? Enjoy this special time together. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. Maria